Friday, September 24, 2010

A Quick Recap For My Awesome Readers--Last Cycle


Oh my goodness, I didn't realize how long it had been since I last blogged!  First off, still not preggers.  I got my hopes up last cycle and when I was let down...once again...I had to take a break from blogging and TTC forums.  Now that I'm back in the "two week wait" once again, I figure now is a good time to bring you all up to speed.


After my HSG and my Femara 5mg on CDs 3-7, I had an U/S on CD 12 to see if we had any follies.  There was a big BEAUTIFUL one on my left side.  I also had a "triple stripe lining" for the first time!  I had never heard of it but apparently, according to my doctor, it's the most PERFECT lining...exactly what they want to see while TTC!  My doctor decided since my follie was so big and everything looked wonderful, she wanted me to take an Ovidrel shot that would "trigger" my ovulation in case my body wouldn't do it on it's own.  She told me to take the shot if I didn't have a positive OPK by the next morning.  I went home and tested that afternoon and had a big +++++!  First time I'd gotten such a clear positive on an OPK.  Even though I was ovulating on my own, I took the trigger shot just to give myself an extra little push.  I sat back and waited for my BFP two weeks later...and it never came.

I had gotten so hopeful and here was yet ANOTHER let down.  I broke down and cried my eyes out and got pissed and broke things and told DH I didn't want to do it any more.  I couldn't take any more disappointments.  I literally felt as if I had hit a brick wall.  Every fiber in my body was exhausted, but every fiber also wanted to keep going.  The stubborn Irish girl in me came out and we decided to move on, put that failed cycle in the past, and prepare for the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment