Thursday, August 26, 2010

I want an "I Survived My HSG" T-Shirt!

So I had my HSG on Friday.  I had planned for it to be anywhere from uncomfortable to OMG!  I have a high pain tolerance, so I was hopeful.  OH. MY. GOD!!!  It was AWFUL!!  I seriously was almost in tears over it.  And I had taken a Darvocet before I went, so I can only IMAGINE what it would have been like had I not taken it!  My Dr. said the reason it was so bad for me was because I'm very "narrow."  And she already told me if we ever DO get pregnant, she's 95% sure I will have to have a C-Section because of it.


The dye part wasn't so bad...it just felt like period cramps, and I usually get them so bad that I'm used to it.  Luckily, everything looks great.  I've read that some women have to roll from side to side to get the dye going.  I didn't have to.  About 3 minutes after the dye was injected, it was over.  I guess my tubes are a little wonky...she says they are a little "curvy" but that it's not uncommon.  Everything was clear which is a relief!  My biggest fear was that I was going to have a blockage and I KNEW that we wouldn't have the money to fix it.  The other exciting thing about the HSG is that studies show that the chance of getting pregnant in the 3 months following the procedure is greater than normal, because it basically flushes you all the way out.

I'm feeling really positive about this month, but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet...

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it was so painful! But I'm thrilled that you have no blockages!! FX that you get a nice sticky bean in the upcoming months!! :)

    ReplyDelete