Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My First Visit to the Chiropractor

So I survived my first visit at the Chiropractor(I will refer to him as Dr. R.)  For some reason, I was really nervous!  Luckily, my dear friend, Halee, works there, so I had faith that Dr. R knew what he was doing.  I had to fill out a TON of paperwork to take in with me.  I did a symptom survey that covers issues with each and every body system.  I wasn't sure how it all would relate to my fertility, but now I'm starting to feel hopeful.

Dr. R is not only a DC, he is also a QN(a Quantum Neurologist.)  I know, I had to look it up too!  A QN basically looks at every individual nerve in the body and how they all relate to each other.  I don't know much about it, but Dr. R said that the body is like a bowl of Jell-O: if you poke it somewhere, the whole thing moves.

My visit was just a consultation.  He asked me a ton of questions, did some tests, and took some x-rays.  It seems my major problems lie with my digestive system.  He also sees issues with my liver as a big thing.  He did all these "exercises" on me, pushing and pulling my legs, testing my strength in extremities, etc.  My reproductive system is also an issue, obviously.

I have to go back tomorrow so he can devise a "Care Plan" for me.  He's going to put everything together, look at the x-rays and decide what is going to make me better.  He's not promising to get me pregnant, but there are MANY documented cases where chiropractic treatment was started and 2-3 months later, women with severe infertility issues were pregnant!  That is not his focus.  His focus is on getting my body working at optimal level.  I feel very comfortable with him and he made me feel very at ease.  I believe he's going to come up with a great plan that will make me feel better than I have in YEARS!  And if it helps me to get pregnant, even better!

I will update you all on my Care Plan when I get done tomorrow.

Oh, and if I DO get pregnant, my dear friend says she gets to name my baby...don't worry, she's assured me that Princess Halee Consuela Banana Hammock is a gender neutral name...

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting! I will definitely be reading and hoping for your success story!

    ReplyDelete