Thursday, April 28, 2011

WARNING! Contents Under Pressure May EXPLODE!!!

OH. EM. GEE.  I am officially at my breaking point with life and do not know how much more I can handle without going bat shit crazy!  This isn't about TTC, but I gotta unload somewhere, so let the ranting commence.

DH and I have already been dealing with all of this job crap.  I've been applying for a supplemental job that will, more than likely, kill my soul.  But since I got laid off in January and only work 32 hours max a week at the fire department, I've gotta do something.  And as you already know, he got laid off last Friday.  He talked to his ex-boss yesterday to find out what his hire date was so he could contact unemployment, and guess what??  They are getting ready to FIRE a guy!!  Yep, that's right...they KNEW they were firing this guy (who, I might add, has already been out on disability since NOVEMBER!!)  They already KNEW they were going to be down a man.  They laid Kris off anyway.  Here's the kicker: his ex-boss tells Kris they are TRYING TO GET HIM BACK TO WORK!!  WTF?!?  Normally, I'd be excited by this news.  Instead, I'm just PISSED OFF!!!  Why lay him off to begin with if you're going to call him back within a couple weeks?!?  Not to mention the fact that I do not trust his company any farther than I can throw them, so I'm not holding my breath on him getting his job back any time soon.  Not the way they've already jerked him around.

On top of that, I get a phone call early this morning from my bank's Electronic Loss Prevention department.  Someone somehow got ahold of my check card number and racked up nearly $150 at a Speedway gas station more than an hour from where I live.  They tried for two charges, but one of them was declined.  It has put our account $4.00 in the hole.  I KNOW I'll get my money back and I KNOW all fees will be waived.  It's the principle of the matter.  I had to go to the bank, file paperwork, and they had to close my card and order me a new one that I won't get for 7-10 business days.  Kris is going out of town this evening and will be gone until Sunday night, so I have no access to my account until I get a temporary card from the bank.  Yes, I know there are ways to get money (I did work at the bank, after all!)  But again, it's the principle.

I want to throw up.  I feel like it has been nothing but one piece of bad news after another.  I randomly broke down in tears at the bank because I was just done!  On top of that, my job is really pissing me off too.  It's a never ending source of drama there, and I'm just over it!!  And I actually have to work tonight, so I'm going to have to wear a disclaimer around my neck warning people not to feed the wild animal!  On a scale of 1-10, my pissedoffedness (yep, new word, deal with it) is at about a 9.85.

I know God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but seriously?!?  Maybe he's on vacay and the interim management doesn't know the rules!  Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.  Hopefully things start to turn around soon and I can get back to thinking about TTC.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry. This is so much and why in the world they would let hubby go, knowing they were going to be down a guy and then want him back....thats messed up! Take everything one day at a time and remember to stop and take care of you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete