Monday, July 19, 2010

The Long and Winding Road




From the time I was 4 years old, I knew I wanted to be a mommy. Of course, I knew nothing about babies, just that I wanted one. When fourth grade rolled around and we had our "Birds and Bees" talk where they split the girls and boys up, I changed my mind. If that's what I had to do to get one, then count me OUT! Of course, over the years, my way of thinking changed again. My life followed the "typical" path: met THE ONE, got engaged, bought a house, got married...finally, it was time for the baby in the logical sequence of things. Unfortunately, that's where things diverge from the straight and narrow.

Hi, my name is Megan and I'm 25 years old. I met my hubby, Kris(31) in May '05 and we were engaged by October '05. We married in October '07 and began our "Happily Ever After." We immediately began trying to get pregnant. I had been on the pill for 2 years so we were prepared to not get lucky right away. What we were NOT prepared for was 3 years of trying with no success.

This blog will be to track our journey to "Chasing The Elusive Bump." Feelings, meltdowns, doctor's appointments, tests, I'm sharing it all! I will try to break up my posts as much as possible so they don't seem to run on forever. I'm new to this blogging thing, and I'm a little scared to be opening myself up and putting it all out there. But I KNOW I'm not alone, and I hope sharing my story with other women out there will be both therapeutic AND good for my Karma. Check back often, and thanks for taking this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment