Monday, August 16, 2010

Expensive Month Ahead!

So I had my first ultrasound today since we went on a 3 month break from TTC.  It was a baseline to make sure all of the mutant follicles had died and to make sure they hadn't stuck around to form cysts.  Everything went great.  My doctor said I was all clear and that everything looked really good.  What a relief!

This is going to be a very expensive month.  Each ultrasound is $220 out of pocket, and I have to have 2 of them this month.  My next ultrasound is next Monday to see if the Femara is working.  I lucked out with the Femara.  I was able to get on their website and print off a coupon for a free 30 day supply.  All I had to do was get my doctor's signature on it.  For 10 pills (5 days) it would have cost me $153!!!  I'm hoping since I only had 5 days worth that they will honor it every time I refill until I've got my 30 days worth.  Even BETTER would be to get lucky this month and to not have to do ANY of this anymore!

I already feel better on the Femara than I did on the Clomid.  On Clomid, I had TONS of annoying side effects.  On the Femara, I have none!  I feel great!  This is probably also due to the supplements I'm taking.  I have more energy than I've had in a long time!  I'm feeling positive for once!

The only concern I have for this month is my HSG.  This Friday, I am going to the hospital to have a hysterosalpingogram, or HSG.  Basically, my doctor will shoot dye into my uterus and watch for it to drain through my fallopian tubes to make sure I don't have any blockages.  I've been putting this off for awhile because it's VERY expensive and from what I've heard, it's also very painful.  But I got to thinking that if there IS a blockage, I'm pretty much flushing my money down the toilet by doing all of these test and taking all these meds.  The big plus is that if you DON'T have a blockage, the HSG flushes you out and your chance of getting pregnant is INCREASED in the 3 months following. (If you want more info: http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/hysterosalpingogram-21590)

Anyway, that's all for updates for now.  I'll post again on Friday and let you know how my HSG went!

1 comment:

  1. I got my HSg done in May. I was super nervous but it was a lot less uncomfortable than I thought it would be.

    I also did some rounds on clomid (didn't ovulate at all) and just finished my first round of femara and had my first follicle check ultrasound. I have another one on Thursday.

    Good luck and don't worry too much about the HSG. It's really not bad at all!!

    ReplyDelete