Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pill Boxes=NOT Just for Old People!

Everyone I've talked to has a different success story on getting pregnant.  From Old Wives Tales to New Age thinking, there's something for everyone.  I think one of the most debated issues is what vitamins and supplements will help you get pregnant and get your body healthy for baby.  After MUCH research on my own and talking to others on TWW, I've come up with my Vitamin/Supplement "menu" for this cycle.

Daily Prenatal Vitamin (Prenatal Plus)
Folic Acid-800mcg/daily
Vitamin C-1000mg/daily
Vitamin B6-100mg/daily
Evening Primrose Oil-3000mg/daily
Baby Aspirin-81mg/daily

Of course, I will also be taking Femara for 5 days, more than likely.  I won't find out my dosage until tomorrow or Friday.

Apparently, these are the top rated vitamins/supplements to take while TTC.  Increasing your Folic Acid cuts your risks of early birth defects by like 70%!  And the EPO used to be considered a "cure-all" for women's health.  Normally, I would freak about taking so many pills, but most of them are things I need to make my body a little healthier anyway!  The worst part is remembering them all.  But don't you worry...I have purchased myself a day of the week pill box.  I now know why little old ladies love them so much.  Now I just have to remember what day it is on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment